On Saturday evening, Danny Elfman performed at Coachella for the first time in 27 years. Elfman has become one of the world’s most famous film/television composers since his band Oingo Boingo broke up, so for his set he mixed Boingo and solo songs with some of his most famous themes.
To do this, he has set up a group that includes guitarists Wes Borland and Nili Brochdrummer Josh Freesebass player Stu Brooksand a full orchestra and choir coordinated by Steve Bartec of Oingo Boingo, who also played guitar on a number of the band’s songs.
Danny’s Coachella gig includes “Insects”, “Nothing to Fear”, “Just Another Day”, “Insanity”, “Only a Lad”, “Dead Man’s Party”, and “Who Do You Want to Be?” He and the orchestra also performed a medley of theme songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Spider-Man and The Simpsons, as well as songs from Edward Scissorhands, Pee-Big wee’s Adventure, Alice in Wonderland and other movies.
Danny Elfman’s complete setlist for Coachella 2022
As we mentioned earlier, Elfman played some of his greatest hits. Here’s the full setlist for her appearance at Coachella 2022.
- Insects (Oingo Boingo)
- Spider-Man main title
- Nothing to fear (but to fear each other) (Oingo Boingo)
- Just Another Day (Oingo Boingo)
- Jack’s Lament / It’s Halloween / What is it? (Excerpt from The Nightmare Before Christmas)
- Breakfast Machine (from Pee-wee’s Big Adventure)
- Hit me
- Madness (Oingo Boingo)
- The Batman theme
- The Simpsons main title theme
- Only a Boy (Oingo Boingo)
- Love in the time of COVID
- Ice Dance / The Grand Finale (from Edward Scissorhands)
- Dead Man’s Day (Oingo Boingo)
- Alice’s Theme (from Alice in Wonderland)
- Who do you want to be (Oingo Boingo)