OC officials warn of ‘extremely dangerous and violent criminal’ on the loose

Ike Souzer is seen in a photo shared by the OC DA office on April 15, 2022.
Ike Souzer is seen in a photo shared by the OC District Attorney’s Office on April 15, 2022.

Orange County officials are warning the public of an “extremely dangerous and violent felon” who is on the loose.

Ike Souzer, 18, was released from the Theo Lacy establishment in Orange on Wednesday and transferred to a Santa Ana Halfway House under electronic surveillance, the OC District Attorney’s Office said.

At some point he took off the monitor and disappeared.

Prosecutors had warned that he posed a significant threat to public safety. He had also escaped from juvenile hall in 2019, but was recaptured soon after.

Souzer has a violent history of attacks on correctional officers, according to the prosecutor’s office.

He is considered “extremely dangerous and violent”, the prosecutor’s office said. If you see him, please do not approach him and call 911 immediately.

In addition to other charges, Souzer was convicted in December of attacking three correctional officers and ordered to wear an electronic monitor for the rest of his
sentence, which was to expire on July 9, 2023.

He was originally arrested on suspicion of killing his mother in Garden Grove on May 4, 2017.

Barbara Scheuer-Souzer, 47, was found by a neighbor covered in blood outside her home in the 11,000 block of Gilbert Street, police said at the time. She had been stabbed several times in the stomach.

Before he died, Scheuer-Souzer had identified his son – then 13 – as the attacker, according to investigators. Police did not identify the boy at the time due to his age.

Leave a Comment